Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 5, 6 and 7

Well... it has taken me a long time to actually complete this post. Ideally I should have done this a couple of weeks ago, but some how I kept deferring it until today. I am going to get this done in one shot and so day 5, 6 and 7 are list out here together...

Day 5
Morning of Day 5 was at Besant Nagar Beach. Every participant had made it on time and it was wonderful to be there at sun rise. I had gone there with an expectation of doing the asanas and meditation during sunrise, but what followed was full of surprises. I don't have the heart to break it to you right now. I would love to have every participant to have that element of surprise which would make this session a great experience. So, if you are an aspiring participant, then you will have to wait for Day 5 to know what it is...

Following this, we were allowed to go home but were asked to assemble at our regular classroom around 10 AM IST. It was "The Day" were all of us were given Diksha. A series of pooja followed by all asanas and then we were all given Diksha.

We were provided with lunch by the volunteers of Isha Yoga and we were told that the food provided was cooked without lighting a single match stick, i.e., all food served that day was made by combining raw vegetables and fresh fruits. My honest opinion... it tasted awesome and it was a treat to the taste buds. If you go with an open mind, you will enjoy the food.

This was followed by discourses and this is all for Day 5.

Day 6
Today, it was back to regular class hours, and we practiced all asanas along with Shambavi. The regular discourse followed this. We were told that Day 7 would again be a combined class. of the morning and evening batch.

I bought myself a music CD today, something that I can play while driving.

Day 7
It was a combined class and we were all a little cramped for space. We managed to complete the asanas and Shambavi with a little effort. We were then debriefed on the various activities of Isha Foundation. We were all asked to share our experiences from the 7 days to all and many had great thoughts to share.

The class ended today again with a Pooja but I remember thinking... this is not just an end... it is indeed a beginning for a new life...

I hope that those who read these posts are benefited by my experience.

Please remember that my posts are my opinion and belief based on the experience I had during this session. Some one who attended the same session with me could have had a completely different tale to tell.

4 comments:

  1. Nice articel series Sai, I want to do Meditation course to practise Meditation. In accordance to that I was looking for some introduction on Isha Yoga. Your post has helped me get that primary background of the course.

    Thank you Sai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sai, Nice Article. I want to do Meditation course some time in near future.Thus I was curious about Foundation course of ISha Yoga. This introduction will definitely help me.

    Thanks,
    Abhijeet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sai, Now that it is quite a few months since you finished this course, can you update on your experiences now after following it for these months?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sai,

    Genuinely said,You did a good job.Even i'm completed the same course i.e"Sambhavi maha mudra" but in Mylapore.After my course, I had done it in my home for just 32 days.Then, I missed my time.Unfortunately, totally I came out of that experience.So, now I would like do it but am forget the asanas step.At present i'm in hyderabad. Do me a favor.pls, send me the steps to my mail ID if possible.

    Chandru_gemini@rediffmail.com
    Thanks in advance
    Await Reply ...

    ReplyDelete